POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial Povray : Re: Commercial Povray Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial Povray
Date: 19 Mar 2002 09:59:01
Message: <3c975235$1@news.povray.org>
> > I think
> > this is caused by Microsoft.
>
> along with your eggs not being runny enough and getting sand in your
shorts.

At least the acceptance of program crashes and failures increased heavily
from the days on more and more people used PCs at home, getting the
"personal crash" at home. :) Which one might see as a positive effect.

> Max/Maya are fiendishly expensive, and both fiendishly popular

Yes, but how popular would they be if they were for free?
We were talking about a loss of popularity for PoV not about popularity in
general or in comparison to other products.

Don't you think that PoV would loose users when turning to shareware?
regards
SY